In November, we took Gavin to a model train convention in SLC. He loved it!
For Thanksgiving, we traveled down to St. George and spent it with Chris and Ann and their two boys. They have a time share down there and it was fun to just hang out and relax with them.
They took us to Crabby Daddy's Seafood Shack - or something like that. We all ate a crab boil - a big bag of crawfish, shrimp, lobster and crab legs dumped in front of us on a platter. Needless to say, I had to rush to the potty a few time afterward!! LOL!
We stayed 3 days in St. George and every morning, Matt and I went for a walk together. It made me want to move down there - nice and warm. While on a walk, I snapped a pic of the time share we stayed in - it's a castle, people!!! 7 large bedrooms all with their own bath... lots of things to keep the kids busy - hot tub, pool, pool table, ping pong, video games, tv, puzzles, games, etc.
I have also been thinking a lot about Jesus - what he was/is like, what it will be like when I meet Him again, His love for me, etc, etc. I wanted to paint a picture of him for a long time now. But I always shied away from it because I knew I wouldn't get it right. But I decided to stop thinking that way and to just DO it. I tried a new medium I'd never used before - gouche - and learned a few things along the way... It's definitely not perfect. But as I was painting it, I realized it's better if it's NOT perfect. Perfection is more in the process than in the finished product. I could try and try and try and it still wouldn't be perfect, but guess what IS perfect? The TRYING part! It's the same with anything else we do - reading our scriptures, praying, attending church, etc. And that's what Jesus meant when he said, "Be ye therefore PERFECT, even as I am."
He just wants us to keep trying.
Ask the Christmas Season approaches, Laynie sang at the Ward Christmas Breakfast. The kids put on a sweet little Nativity and sang The Nativity Song. Laynie was a shepherd. She didn't want to be at first, but came to terms with it! lol!





No comments:
Post a Comment